Scheduling / What time of day is best?
- Wednesday and Friday Evenings
- Weekend Mornings and Evenings
- Other times by appointment
- Early Morning sunrise-9:30 am
- Late Afternoon/Evening 4:30-sunset
Locations / Where do you shoot?
- Queen Creek
- Your custom location *may have additional cost*
- Examples of local areas for sessions are available. Email email@example.com
Clothing / What do I wear?
- Clothing you are comfortable wearing. Try it on and wash it before the time of the shoot. If you are uncomfortable, it will show in the photos.
- Outdoor shoots are in NATURE and the ground is uneven. Bring an extra pair of flat shoes if you will be wearing heels, so you can safely move from one area to another.
- Colors that go together, but not all matching. Pick a few colors and spread them between those people in the shot. There are many ideas on Pinterest. You can also refer to this link for some ideas: http://clickitupanotch.com/2013/06/what-to-wear-in-family-photos-june-2013/
Copyright / Who owns the pictures?
- The photographer, Comet Photos LLC, owns the photos. The client will be given a print release that allows them to make prints of the images. The photographer may use the images to promote Comet Photos LLC, but will not sell the photos for profit or gain prior to a model release being signed.
- The client may not use the photographs for commercial purposes without prior written permission from the photographer.
- Newborn photographs are best between 7-14 days old.
- I prefer to come to your home where you and your newborn are the most comfortable. If you desire another arrangement, accommodation can be made.
- Please specify if you want a stylized, posed shoot (props, babies wrapped) or a life-style shoot (normal activities with parents and siblings, less posed). We can do both-I just need to know if props are needed prior to the session.
- A room with South facing windows is desired.
- Morning sun is best (9:00-11:00 am)
- Sleepy babies are the best, so plan to feed the baby as the photographer arrives, so baby will be full and sleepy during the shoot. Be prepared for the shoot to last over an hour or more.
- Discuss props/clothing choices with photographer prior to the shoot, so everything runs smoothly.
- There are some positions/poses that are popular that I feel are unsafe and I will not risk your baby’s safety to “get the shot”. Please discuss poses, share Pinterest ideas, etc, beforehand so there is no confusion.
- All props/wraps are washed in dye free/fragrance free detergent before each session.
- It is understood that small children often have a hard time with photographs. Please try to help them…
- Make sure the photos are not during nap time and make sure they have had their nap.
- Bring non-messy snacks and colorless drinks if they get hungry.
- Don’t stress if we need to stop for a few minutes to give them time. I often let them run around for a few minutes and can get the best candid shots that way.
How do I get my images?
- You will be given a link to an online gallery. You will have a PIN number that allows you to download the images. The gallery will be active for one month. After that time, there will be a $35 fee to re-post the gallery.
- The gallery can be shared with friends and family, but only the client will be given a print release form. Please notify your photographer if you want the gallery to be completely private (with password access) or public (anyone with the link can view).
- Photographer has final decision on which images are put in the gallery. RAW images will not be provided to clients.
Are printing services available?
- Not at this time.